Mr Happy & Little Miss Princess Bookmarks



The kids both love reading so today I made them each a bookmark. This is a quick and easy project and  brilliant for using up all those scraps that you have lying around.

 I bought these dies a long time ago from The Range - they are mini embossing dies and I'm sure they were £1 each .


I started by cutting the coloured cardstock to measure  10" x  1.3/4"
then I scored on the long side at 5".
Next I cut the white cardstock to measure 4.3/4" x 1.1/2". I diecut the die twice from the co-ordinating coloured cardstock and added the details using a Black Spectrum Noir fine detail pen to one of them. I cut a piece acetate measuring 1/2" x 1"and adhered the detailed diecut halfway up on the front of the acetate then glued the plain diecut to back of acetate making sure both diecuts line up. Taking your coloured cardstock apply adhesive of your choice and glue diecut to top fold centering in the middle - glue your white cardstock onto coloured catdstock and decorate as required.


I decided to use Concord & 9th Simple Serif Alphabet diecut from co-ordinating cardstock and adhered vertically onto front of the bookmark. I love how bright and bold these turned out and I hope the kids love them too.


Thanks for looking ! 

If you are viewing this post via email please click here to view the You Tube video.





 

Comments