Lego Explosion Box


I can't believe Finn is 7 already ! He is currently fascinated by all things lego so I made this explosion box for him. To create the "lego blocks" I cut various colours cardstock 1.1/2" square and then cut coordinating  3/4" circles and adhered to corresponding colour.


Whilst at the supermarket a lego magazine with these two figures packaged as a free gift caught my eye as it was the absolutely perfect solution for the centre of the box. I used First Edition Birthday to create the banner - for the posts I used a lollipop stick cut in half and coloured using alcohol markers. I diecut "Finn" from white cardstock using the alphabet from the Mama Elephant Letter Board Creative Cuts die and coloured using my alcohol markers.
 

I created a 3d lego block to place between the two figures and to mimic the "base plate" I embosssd a 3.3/4" square green cardstock using Kirstie Allsopp Ditsy Dots embossing folder. I created the 7 using Bee Bold Honeycuts Alphabet using the "Z" which I cut to shape.
 

On the outside of the box I cut 5 pieces cardstock measuring 3.3/4" square and embossed with Darice Large Dots. I diecut the "birthday" letters from white cardstock using the alphabet that comes with Mama Elephants Letter Board Creative Cuts  die then used my alcohol markers to colour them. To finish I added a piece of red pom pom trim around the box lid and a wooden birthday cake tag that I've had in my stash forever.


Thanks for looking !




If you are viewing this post via email please click here to view the You Tube video.






Comments

Abisgran said…
A fantastic idea, love it well done x