Minecraft Gift Card Exploding Box

 

I was asked to make a Minecraft gift card holder for Seth's upcoming birthday.


To create the pixel background effect I cut 1/2" squares from various shades of green, brown, white and cream cardstock although a painstaking task it was far easier to cut them by hand than diecut them. Sadly for me I didn't come up with my top tip (see below) until I was on the last panel go figure huh lol.


I then cut a thin piece of cardstock to adhere the squares to and covered one side with double sided adhesive and started randomly gluing on the squares - when the panel was completely covered I then scored at every 1/2" along both the height and  width of the panel this created a bit of definition between the squares which I think enhances the pixel effect.


To create both his name and the creeper I used the punctuation die  from the Bee Bold Lowercase Alphabet it cuts 4 squares measuring 1/4" which was absolutely perfect. I then backed the creeper onto some dark green 3d foam before adhering to box.


The controller is a Dienamics die that I picked up a few years ago at a craft fair. 


Before I started making this card I didnt really know much about Minecraft I hope I have done it justice and Seth likes his card.


Thanks for looking !

If you are viewing this post via email please click here to view the You Tube video.







Comments