Faux Foil Crayola Watercolour


I made one of these frames  recently for my granddaughter Leah using distress ink which you can see in this blog post. I wanted to make one for my grandson but being new to the distress ink craze I didn't have the appropriate colours.

 

I used Crayola Supertips to create the background above. I scribbled on an acrylic block skooshed some water on then "stamped" it onto some watercolour paper. I was going to buy some expensive watercolour pens but after using these I'm in two minds.


I used the Sizzix delicate alphabet #2 for his name ..I love this alphabet as it looks like a child's handwriting so fits these projects perfectly.


The stars were die cut using the Tim Holtz Festive Scribbles Die . The smaller stars were punched using the tiny punch from The Range.


The foil is the same as  before however I did use a different colour as I didn't want it too bright against such a vibrant background.


I'm so pleased with how this turned out as  I was worried the colours may muddy but as you can see they look absolutely great.


Thanks for looking :) 

Comments

Enid Child said…
This looks great, and using the cheaper pens doesn’t look any different to using the expensive pens. A great finish xx
Dielightfile said…
Thanks ever so much Enid I'm still swithering whether to actually buy the watercolour pens or not lol :)